Nazareth Primary School employs a Speech Pathologist 2 days per week.
The role of the Speech Pathologist within the school setting is working primarily in the junior years and involves the following:
- A screening of language expression and language comprehension on all Foundation Students.
- Administration of more comprehensive language assessment on Foundation Students where age appropriate skills are not demonstrated on screening assessment.
- Facilitation of small language intervention groups for Foundation Students who require additional support in developing language expression and/or comprehension.
- Collaborating with Foundation teachers to implement strategies within the classroom to support students with language/learning difficulties.
- Language assessment and classroom support for students across years 1-6 facilitated through teacher referral.
- Supporting teachers and LSO’s in years 1/2 to continue targeted language intervention for students who require continued support transitioning from Foundation.