The Parish Primary Schools Enrolment Policy is consistent with the Catholic Education Office Melbourne (CEOM) Policy 2.4 Enrolment for Schools in the Archdiocese of Melbourne.
Our Parish Catholic schools have been established primarily for Catholic children. We are open and welcoming to all Catholic students.
As the first educators of their children, parents are encouraged to enter into partnership with our Parish schools to promote and support their child’s education. We strive for excellence in student learning, their wellbeing and spiritual growth.
As a Catholic primary school we offer a broad comprehensive curriculum with an authentic Catholic understanding of Christ and his teaching, as well as a lived appreciation of
Our Catholic schools are an integral part of the mission of the church.
We ensure an authentic Catholic identity and the Policy is reflective of the guidelines approved by the Archbishop of Melbourne.membership of the Catholic church.
Enrolment Priority for Nazareth Parish Primary Schools:
Catholic Primary Schools, in the Parish of Nazareth exist to enable the Catholic Church to carry out its responsibility to provide for the baptised Catholic child, a formation in faith, hence priority in enrolment is given to Catholic children.
The enrolment of non-catholic children who reside in the school catchment area may take place only when their enrolment would not exclude Catholic children from the school.
Enrolments into Nazareth, Grovedale are taken in the following priority:
- Catholic children who reside within the Parish catchment areas.
- Catholic children from other parishes (for pastoral reasons).
- Children from non-Catholic Eastern churches who reside within the Parish catchment areas.
- Other Christian children who residewithin the Parish catchment areas.
- Non-Christian children who reside within the Parish catchment areas.
- The Parish Priest will consider enrolments from outside the above priority list. (Based on Pastoral reasons).
- Siblings of children already in the school and Catholic children/families have high priority with regards to enrolment.
Parents are required to complete the Application for enrolment form before enrolment into a school can be considered.
The following documentation is required for enrolment:
- Birth certificate
- Baptism certificate
- Immunisation certificate
- Relevant Visa and Passport (if applies)
Enrolment Process and Procedures
CEOM Policy 2.4 will guide all decisions that relate to Enrolment process and procedures.
Enrolment applications forms can be downloaded here.
Please return the enrolment form via email firstname.lastname@example.org
c/o Dena Reddan – Principal
Nazareth Catholic Primary School
14-16 Griffith Street
Grovedale VIC 3216
In the event of a school in the Parish being unable to offer a place to a Catholic child resident in Nazareth Parish catchment areas, the Parish will make every effort to support enrolment in another school.
Download Application for Enrolment